Sunday, September 11, 2011

Interview with Deborah Miller of Visages

Deborah Miller













 


Deborah Miller of Visages


Rico:
What's Your Name?


Deborah Miller :

Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Deborah Miller :

Visages

Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle?


Deborah Miller :
Just about two weeks

Rico: Are you a ProSeller?

Deborah Miller :
No... not yet. One day soon I hope

Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Deborah Miller :
Promote... promote... promote and don't give up

Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Deborah Miller :
Acrylic paints, camera that needs upgraded badly, soft #6 pencil, oil pencils, PhotoPosPro software and most importantly, my imagination.

Rico:
Who or what inspires you?


Deborah Miller :
If I look, I find inspiration everywhere but primarily I use nature, my pets (currently my ferrets), and I peruse the internet when I have a particular subject in mind.

Rico:
How much time a week to you spend on Zazzle?


Deborah Miller :
80 to 100 hours promoting, adding my art to product and reading the blog for research and such.

Rico:
What's the best advise you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle?


Deborah Miller :
Be a Nike and just do it. Then spend the time promoting. Lots of time! You can create a gazillion pieces of art but until you're known, you won't sell anything. I don't know much about promoting online so I do a lot of reading and research. This is also a must-do.

Rico:
What do you like to do when you are not creating art?


Deborah Miller :
You know? I almost can't remember since getting into Zazzle and putting my art onto things like postage stamps. I did play Scrabble nearly everyday, read, play with my ferrets, and learn. I LOVE learning.

Rico:
Tell me 5 random things everyone should know about you? 


Deborah Miller :
I love to sniff new books in the book store.
Nothing like the aroma of fresh ink. I would say the same about my oil pencils.
I art directed automotive magazines in the 90s. Mustang Monthly and Super Ford out of Lakeland, FL.
I can teach old dogs (yes, the animal) new tricks.
I HAVE to be productive; I can't just sit and waste a day.
I enjoy pleasing people.

Rico:
List 3 of your favorite designs you want me to feature. Tell me something about each design.


Deborah Miller :

 
Monarch Butterfly Card:

After sitting for an hour in my back yard during the monarch migration, I finally managed to digitally capture this little guy resting on a vibrant flower. I used the zoom but to ensure I got all of his fine detailing, I crept forward as much as I dared. This is the final result of which I'm proud.


Ferretism (Sayings) T Shirt:


After getting a look from one of my ferrets, I couldn't help but imagine what he was saying to me. I searched the internet for ferretisms and sayings but found only a few. The idea blossomed from there. Shortly after creating the line, I sold a mouse pad! My ferrets are a constant source of entertainment and inspiration.


Panda Bear Apron:


Panda Bear Apron apron
Panda Bear Apron by Visages
I created this panda with pencil and oil pencil after I received a request to draw one. It took a full day and the end result was well received by the requester who loves to cook and wanted a panda bear apron. Most everything I create is simple. I'm not wont to add frills to my art...

Rico:
This is one of my personal favorite designs from your shop 

FrankenFerret Shirt:

I just think this design is unique and quite cute!

Rico:
Where else can our readers find you online?

Deborah Miller : 
 

5 comments:

  1. Good to meet Deborah and wishing much luck with her lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah does some beautiful art work. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear about your Zazzle beginnings! Keep up to great work! Love the Panda drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great interview!! Thank you! ~ Diane Clancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, only two weeks and you got featured here! Good job - I love the Monarch butterfly.

    ReplyDelete