Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Interview with Dmitry Saltykov of Diram's Wares




Interview with Dmitry Saltykov of Diram's Wares


Rico:
What's Your Name?


Dmitry Saltykov 


Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Dmitry Saltykov :

Most of my stores go by the name Diram, it's what some of my friends jokingly call me.

My first and biggest shop is Diram's Wares which focuses primarily on kitchen products, such as aprons, mugs, coasters and plates. Diram's Wares

The second shop I have is Diram's Travels which features pictures of Canada coast to coast (From Victoria, BC to St John's, NL) on postcards, canvas prints, postal stamps and posters.

Diram's Travels

Features pictures of Canada coast to coast (From Victoria, BC to St John's, NL) on postcards, canvas prints, postal stamps and posters.

iDiramStore

Features electronic cases for various iOS and Android devices.


Diram's Pillows

and Diram's Pillows which sells just pillows.



Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle? How Long did it take to achieve ProSeller status?


Dmitry Saltykov :
I have been on Zazzle since April 2012. I achieved Zazzle Pro status in August 2013.


Rico:
Who or what inspires you?


Dmitry Saltykov :
I did not make a sale for two months after I started, but when that first sale finally came I realized that this is an opportunity I should not pass. Also being on the Zazzle forum and seeing how much effort people put into it really inspired me to work harder.


Rico:
How would you describe your design style?


Dmitry Saltykov :
I usually have floral and pattern designs, as well as nature and food photography.


Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Dmitry Saltykov :
I use GIMP for my art store, and my Xperia T (12mp) phone camera for my photography store.


Rico:
What makes your shop stand out from the rest?


Dmitry Saltykov :
My main store features hohloma, traditional Russian floral artwork, it's very beautiful and unique and pays homage to my heritage. My travel store has a lot of memories for the time when I got to see a good chunk of Canada.


Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Dmitry Saltykov :
Don't give up and don't be discouraged during slow times.


Rico:
What's the best advise you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle?


Dmitry Saltykov :
The forum has a lot of useful information and support for newcomers.


Rico:
Zazzle has helped many people meet goals that they otherwise wouldn’t have achieved. What has Zazzle helped you to achieve in your personal life?


Dmitry Saltykov :
Zazzle has allowed me to realize that it is not mandatory anymore to rely just on your traditional job income in this turbulent economy, which in turn gave me a piece of mind.


Rico:
Tell me 5 random things you want everyone to know about you?


Dmitry Saltykov :

I was born in Russia and lived there until I was 16.
I am fluent in both Russian and English.
The next language I want to tackle is Spanish.
I had a chance to travel Canada coast to coast.
I think tea is much better than coffee.


Rico:
Include links to 5 of your favorite designs you want me to feature. Tell me something about each design.


Dmitry Saltykov :

Tea Biscuit Throw Pillow

This is one of my favorite pillows, just picture how awesome it is to sleep on a cookie?



Modern Green Throw Pillow

This is another pillow I really like. The color and the subtle ornament on it is beautiful. 



Hamburger Apron
Hamburger Apron
Hamburger Apron by DiramsWares
Design your own customizable aprons at zazzle.com.

This apron would be a gift for barbecue lovers.



Maple Leaf Coffee Mugs

This mug is just simple, artistic and Canadian. 



Tree and Wind Party Plate

This plate is very unique and artistic. It symbolizes the end of summer. 



Rico:
Where else can our readers find you online? (Facebook, Twitter, other blog or website)


Dmitry Saltykov :
I was on Facebook before, but no longer. I just recently started using Pinterest because it seems like a relatively simple photo sharing platform. I can be found on Pinterest



My Picks: 



Colorful Butterfly Napkin
Colorful Butterfly Napkin
Colorful Butterfly Napkin by DiramsWares
Look at more Colorful Napkins at zazzle




Lazy Pandas Mug
Lazy Pandas Mug
Lazy Pandas Mug by DiramsWares
Browse Lazy Mugs online at Zazzle.com




Double Dragon Dinner Plates
Double Dragon Dinner Plates
Double Dragon Dinner Plates by DiramsWares
Browse more Dragon Plates at Zazzle




Blue Bird Ornament Drink Pitcher
Blue Bird Ornament Drink Pitcher
Blue Bird Ornament Drink Pitcher by DiramsWares
Browse other drink pitcher designs on Zazzle.




Pumpkin City Placemats


3 comments: