Monday, September 9, 2013

Interview with Anca of Invitation Kits


Interview with Anca of Invitation Kits


Rico:
What's Your Name?


Ancuta Neagu :


Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Ancuta Neagu :

I have 3 shops on Zazzle:

Cool Designs This was the first one opened one year and a half ago when I first met Zazzle and I didn’t know much what I was doing J. I started to learn how Zazzle works, how to use Quick Create and templates and how to deal with categories. At present, it is focused in two directions: Romantic Gifts and Clever Gifts, two niches I am in the process to develop.

Cool Designs

The Good Old Times – This shop was inspired by a few family albums which I inherited from my maternal grandma. The pictures are featuring my grandma’s sister, Vera and her friends living in France in the 1930’s. I created some products with these pictures and with patterns taken from these pictures. 1930s was the time of Art Deco maturity with elegant and functional things reflected both in home decoration and in dressing style. This site is focused on vintage lovers’ niche.

The Good Old Times

Invitation Kits – This is the third one addressing wedding invitations and favors niche. The invitations styles are elegant, classy and Art Deco inspired.

Invitation Kits



Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle? How Long did it take to achieve ProSeller status?


Ancuta Neagu :
I became a Proseller after a few months since I started with Zazzle. I used to promote my products on Squidoo, but as I said before, that time I didn’t know much what I was doing. I sold (by chance) a throw pillow, then another three pieces of the same item. It was probably promoted on Pinterest by someone seeing my Squidoo lens, I really don’t know. But, this was the moment I realized it’s about the time to take Zazzle seriously.


Rico:
Who or what inspires you?


Ancuta Neagu :
In general I am inspired by images I see, by gift ideas or simply by imagination.


Rico:
How would you describe your design style?


Ancuta Neagu :
I am not a professional designer (though I wished to be…). I worked in home decorations, I had a window decorations store and I am quite familiar with visual arts. I learned to combine colors and shapes and I use simple techniques to realize nice looking things with significance for an eventual customer.


Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Ancuta Neagu :
I use photography and combinations of prints and realize my designs in Photoshop.


Rico:
What makes your shop stand out from the rest?


Ancuta Neagu :
I think it is the originality of the images I am featuring there. There are unique photos dating from old times that vintage lovers could appreciate. I don’t like to get inspiration from what is selling. I try to propose new images and ideas.


Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Ancuta Neagu :
To be patient.


Rico:
What's the best advise you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle?


Ancuta Neagu :
To be patient and keep working and learning no matter what.


Rico:
Zazzle has helped many people meet goals that they otherwise wouldn’t have achieved. What has Zazzle helped you to achieve in your personal life?


Ancuta Neagu :
I have the chance to do what I really like to do. Creating products on Zazzle is for me a joy which can be finally very good rewarded. Knowing that I can earn money from it, I doesn’t feel guilty spending time on it!


Rico:
Tell me 5 random things you want everyone to know about you?


Ancuta Neagu :

I have been working in corporate environment more than 15 years. Then, I started my own business and I lost it going in debt after only 5 years.

After my offline business went bankrupt I found online a world which helped me let the failure behind and start over.

I am coming from a country (Romania) that, after more than 20 years of democracy is still in the process of re-gaining its identity.

My grandma was born in Odessa (that time part of Russian Empire) and emigrated in Romania after the Russian Revolution. Her sister, Vera, immigrated to Paris.

I try to combine my origins’ inheritance and the lessons I learned in everything I am doing know and teach my 13 years’ old daughter to fight in life for only one thing: her freedom.


Rico:
Include links to 5 of your favorite designs you want me to feature. Tell me something about each design.


Ancuta Neagu :

Black and white wedding invitation Art Deco style
Black and white wedding invitation Art Deco style
Black and white wedding invitation Art Deco style by invitations_kits
Look at other Black and white wedding Invitations at zazzle.com


This is the first invitation sold – it was inspired from my family album (in the picture are my aunt and her friends) and the black and white pattern is taken also from one of these photos.



Red black rose wedding invitations
Red black rose wedding invitations
Red black rose wedding invitations by invitations_kits
Find other Red black wedding Invitations at zazzle.com


This is an invitation for a romantic red black wedding – I think this could inspire a sophisticated wedding theme.


Jazz Age Art Deco wedding invitations
Jazz Age Art Deco wedding invitations by invitations_kits
Look at other Art deco wedding Invitations at zazzle.com

Jazz Age Art Deco wedding invitations
Jazz Age Art Deco wedding invitations by invitations_kits
Check out Art deco wedding Invitations online at zazzle

This is an invitations designed for Jazz Age inspired weddings. Jazz Age is part of 1920’s Art Deco style. It is for roaring twenties inspired weddings – for non-conformists and free spirits.



Black and white elegant wedding invitations

Black and white elegant wedding invitations
Black and white elegant wedding invitations by invitations_kits
Check out more Black and white wedding Invitations at Zazzle

Very classy and elegant. For conservative people and formal wedding ceremonies.



Glamorous purple wedding invitations vintage style


This one – purple glamorous - I like the most. Inspired also from the crazy twenties. I haven’t sold it (yet!).


Rico:
Where else can our readers find you online? (Facebook, Twitter, other blog or website)


Ancuta Neagu : 
 
I can be found on Facebook

On Pinterest: Personal account

On Pinterest: Business account

On Pinterest: My Website

My Picks: 


Black messenger bag with red rose laptop messenger bag




Blue sky posters

Serenity in a summer day.



VHalloweenintage Throw Pillows

Halloween party supplies vintage look. 



SAVE THE DATE magnet black and white wedding
SAVE THE DATE magnet black and white wedding
SAVE THE DATE magnet black and white wedding by invitations_kits
Look at other Black and white wedding Magnets at zazzle.com




Vintage style t-shirt neck tie



No comments:

Post a Comment