Monday, May 20, 2013

Interview with Carolyn McFann Part 1

 
Carolyn McFann

Interview with Carolyn McFann Part 1


Rico:
What's Your Name?


Carolyn McFann :


Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Carolyn McFann :

Two Purring Cats Clothing & Gifts

A large and colorful store featuring my artwork. I specialize in drawing/painting anything to do with nature. The name comes from my cats, who were/are by my side as I work here in my studio.

Ornamentation (holiday ornaments)

Just ornaments for holidays or any occasion, featuring my artwork and designs.

The Case Place

Cases for phones, computers and more.



Rico:
How did you find Zazzle?


Carolyn McFann :
I heard about it from a friend on that other POD I won't mention.


Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle?


Carolyn McFann :
How long have you been at Zazzle? I've been here since September of 2008, nearly five years.



Rico:
Are you a ProSeller?
If yes, how long from the time you open a shop until you made it to ProSeller?


Carolyn McFann :
Yes. I forget, a few months.


Rico:
What made you decide to open your own store?


Carolyn McFann :
I've been freelancing for a long time and thought this would give me more creative freedom to do what I want, not just what the client wanted.


Rico:
What makes your shop stand out from the rest?


Carolyn McFann :
It's VERY colorful.


Rico:
How would you describe your design style?


Carolyn McFann :
It varies, I have different styles that I use, from realism to impressionism (when painting on canvas), but here I use mostly realism/plein-air styles.


Rico:
What type of product do you prefer to design?


Carolyn McFann :
Posters, cards.


Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Carolyn McFann :
Never give up. Do what you want and don't waste time worrying about what others think. There's room in the world for all styles of work. Be confident and be good at what you do, have pride in your work.


Rico:
What was your first Sale (include link)?


Carolyn McFann :

I have no idea! On Zazzle? Don't know. Off of Zazzle, I used to sell my artwork quite a big when in elementary school and upwards. I'm still doing what I did as a kid, just being paid more for it now. It's been my calling in life ever since I could hold a crayon/pencil as a small child. I live to draw.



Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Carolyn McFann :
Everything from pencils, professional artists' markers and technical pens to paint, computer too. My dad taught me to use technical pens when I was little and I use them for line drawing, mostly then colorize them with markers or on computer.


Rico:
A few of my Favorite designs from Two Purring Cats Clothing & Gifts :



Peaceful Jungle Tiger Kitchen Towel

Original fine art design of a resting young Bengal tiger by artist Carolyn McFann printed on a quality, machine-washable American Mojo kitchen towel for big cat fans.



Fierce Hunter Kitty Plate
Fierce Hunter Kitty Plate
Fierce Hunter Kitty Plate by twopurringcats
Create unique custom plates online at Zazzle.

Original fine art design of a cute young Tuxedo kitten playing with a bug by artist Carolyn McFann printed on a quality, dishwasher safe plate for cat lovers.



African Praying Mantis Mug
African Praying Mantis Mug
African Praying Mantis Mug by twopurringcats
Look at other Nature Mugs at zazzle.com

Original fine art designs of pets such as cats and dogs as well as wildlife, insects and more on quality mugs for nature and animal lovers by designer Carolyn McFann.



Moonlight Stallion Avery Binder

Original equine design by illustrator/designer Carolyn McFann printed on a quality Avery binder for horse & pony lovers.



The second half of the Interview with Carolyn McFann : will be posted on Wednesday May 22, 2013. So come back for more with Carolyn McFann!


No comments:

Post a Comment