Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Interview with Fliss Braham of Flissitations Part 1

Fliss Braham of Flissitations 
Flissitations

Interview with Fliss Braham Part 1



Rico:
What's Your Name?


Fliss Braham


Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Fliss

Flissitations

This is the first shop I opened which I called Flissitations as this is the nick name my partner calls me but on reflection probably not the best name for a shop as it has no connection to what I am selling. Still we live and learn and as you will see by the name of my next two shops. This is my main shop and at the time of writing has 2,751 products for sale covering a wide range of designs suitable for all age ranges and tastes. I would say that 99.9% of the designs in all my stores are my own digital designs, photographs and digitally enhanced photographs.
They are still very much a work in progress but then again when is anything not when you have a shop.

This one specializes in ties as you can see by the tittle (see I learned by my mistake)

Mens Fashion Ties

And this one specializes in Phone Cases

Cool Phone Case Place



Rico:
How did you find Zazzle?


Fliss :
 
I originally had a couple of shops on sites specializing in handmade products for Crafters to sell their products and heard a couple of people in forums talk about Zazzle and as my sales were very few and far between I decided to look into it. I must admit at first I wasn't too sure about it but as there were no charges I decided to give it a try and now I am addicted to it. It has so many advantages, no fees to list items, wide variety of products to sell designs on, no customer support, packing, posting or printing to do. No worrying about how much ink my design will use or if my printer will decide to pack in just when I get an order. The list goes on but in short I have more time now to do what I like doing best, designing and learning new techniques which hopefully will increase my sales.


Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle?


Fliss :
 
I started listing on Zazzle in April 2012 so not quite a year yet.


Rico:
Are you a ProSeller?
If yes, how long from the time you open a shop until you made it to ProSeller?


Fliss :
 
I got my basic Proseller badge in December 2012 so it took me about 9 months


Rico:
What made you decide to open your own store?


Fliss :
 
I originally had a couple of shops on sites specializing in handmade products for Crafters to sell their products and heard a couple of people in forums talk about Zazzle and as my sales were very few and far between I decided to look into it. I must admit at first I wasn't too sure about it but as there were no charges I decided to give it a try and now I am addicted to it.


Rico:
What makes your shop stand out from the rest?


Fliss :
 
I put a lot of effort into my designs and as I say 99.9% of them are my own original designs, photographs or digitally enhanced by myself. I also try to make sure the design is suited to the product and can be customized and or personalized easily where appropriate.


Rico:
How would you describe your design style?


Fliss:
 
I like to try out all sorts of design styles, shabby Chic, Vintage Inspired, Typography, Kaleidoscope and other patterns as well as totally original pictures and images.


Rico:
What type of product do you prefer to design?


Fliss:
 
I think it's more about the design than the product, in fact sometimes I do a design that I think I will have for a poster but then find it also looks great on other products as well.


Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Fliss :
 
I don't know that I got any direct advise really although reading the forums and listening tutorials was very helpful.


Rico:
What was your first sale (include link)?


Fliss :

My first sale was

Queens Diamond Jubilee Black and White Poster

Design Inspired by The Queens Diamond Jubilee 2012, a fantastic keepsake of this Special Event You may also like these, great keepsakes or prizes if your holding an event .


Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Fliss :
 
I use Photoshop Elements sometimes but mainly use a Serif software product which is similar to Photoshop but I find it easier to use.


Rico:  Some of my Favorite designs from Flissitations: 


Quirky Steam Punk Owl Brown Silver iPad Case

Such a fabulous steam punk style owl in silver and shades of brown an unusual quirky design; looks awesome on these quality iPad cases and so easy to personalize with a name or monogram.



Vintage Inspired American Flag Trendy Skull iPad Cover

A Fabulous vintage inspired grunge American flag and smiling skull. Looks awesome on these quality iPad cases and so easy to personalize with a name or monogram.



Bright Eyed Night Owl Purple Star Lit Night Sky MacBook Pro Sleeves

Bright eyed night owl in a dark purple star lit sky, looks great on these quality Mac-book sleeves and so easy to personalize with a name or monogram.


The second half of the Interview with Fliss Braham will be posted on Saturday January 26, 2013. So come back for more with Fliss Braham!

9 comments:

  1. Fliss has such a unique style. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great designs and interesting interview, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being the first one this year to be featured Fliss. It's nice to get to know the person behind the monaker. I'm looking forward to the rest of your interview. You picked some nice designs to feature.... snrklz

    ReplyDelete