Sunday, December 9, 2012

Interview with Artiful

Artiful


Rico:
What's Your Name?


Artiful :) 
 

Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Artiful :

I start with my favorite stores:

ABSTRAKTE

The idea behind this layout is to showcase one’s best designs in an elegant and timeless way. Therefore I came up with a marble-texture background and navigation bar. The main-background features large category images with sliders at the bottom of the frame. with the sliders you can smoothly slide through chosen product-images which can be linked to the corresponding product page. This is definitely a unique layout.

Keepsake Pillows and Gifts

Together with Mind Design Grafx we came up with this nice layout. Mind Design Grafx needed a layout for his new Keepsake pillows store. We instantly agreed on a clouds theme :) See the layout in action here Keepsake Pillows and Gifts
 

Graz City

This photo album store is dedicated to my lovely hometown, Graz. I thought an old-fashioned album is still the best way to show pictures and came up with this layout. Clicking a picture directs you to the corresponding store.


Best Stores

I guess some of you know this gallery already. Thanks for participating everybody! I had idea of doing this gallery when I saw that some store headers would make beautiful pictures. So I started framing a few and soon many more followed. It’s way more than a hundred by now. At some point I stopped counting :)

Vintageful Gifts

Well, the name is a combination of vintage+artiful. I guess it’s pretty self-explanatory J This store features a hand-selected collection of my favorite vintage images.

By the way, I’m always happy to help designing store layouts for fellow Zazzlers. If you need help with your store don’t hesitate to contact me: artsgallery1@gmail.com.



Rico:
What type of product do you sell the most of?


Artiful :
Definitely postcards! Mainly from this store: Graz City

 

Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle?


Artiful :
Joined: 03.03.2012



Rico:
How did you find Zazzle?


Artiful :
I found Zazzle through a very useful website called http://MakeUseOf.com



Rico:
Are you a ProSeller? 


Artiful :
Not yet :)


Rico:
What made you decide to open your own store?


Artiful :
Truth be told. I was much more interested in finding out how to tweak and design store layouts rather than creating and selling products J But I like doing both.



Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Artiful :
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out? How To Zazzle a Beginners Guide

All the tips you need to start can be found there!



Rico:
What was your first sale (include link)?


Artiful :


Traffic tee shirts



From one of my first stores. It’s all about fun stuff and vectors. 



Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Artiful :
Mainly Photoshop, my camera and a lot of nifty tools all around the internet.



Rico:
What is your favorite aspect about Zazzle?


Artiful :
The concept behind Zazzle: unique, user- and eco-friendly.


Rico:
Who or what inspires you?


Artiful :
Zazzle stores and designs.



Rico:
How much time a week to you spend on Zazzle?


Artiful :
Too much :)



Rico:
What's the best advise you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle?


Artiful :
Join the Zazzle-Forum and look for Zazzle-related Squidoo lenses like the one mentioned above. Networking and promoting are of key importance for a successful Zazzler!



Rico:
What do you like to do when you are not creating art?


Artiful :
Creating store layouts :)



Rico:
For most each product or design they create is special. What is your most favorite design and why (include link)?


Artiful :


Don't Bug Me! Tshirt



It’s simple but straight to the point and funny :) 



Rico:
If you could purchase ANY item (of someone else’s) what would it be? Why?


Artiful :

Difficult, there are many I would like to have an item from. So I name an item that caught my attention recently because it’s texture seems so realistic!


Myriad of Blue and Silver Messenger Bag




Rico:
Zazzle has helped many people meet goals that they otherwise wouldn’t have achieved. What has Zazzle helped you to achieve in your personal life?


Artiful :
Zazzle has become one of my favourite hobbies recently. It is a great hobby which - if you do well - finances itself :)



Rico:
Where else can our readers find you online? (Facebook, Twitter, other blog or website)


Artiful :

Facebook

email: artsgallery1@gmail.com



Rico:
Anything else you'd like to share?


Artiful :

Sure. If you need help with designing your store layout feel free to add me on Facebook or contact me at: artsgallery1@gmail.com

Also if you only like to apply a specific item like a slider or a navigation bar or anything else.

Keep the faith! Sooner or later everybody sells an item :)


1 comment: