Sunday, March 17, 2013

Interview with Meg of Sporkful Designs

 
Sporkful Designs

Interview with Meg Part 1


Rico:
What's Your Name?


Meg :


Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Meg :

Sporkful Designs

My shop name is inspired by sporks. Sporks have multiple uses as either a spoon or a fork. Many graphic design elements can be used for multiple items. I felt that the "Sporkful" name was catchy, fun and fitting. My shop is filled with a variety of products with many designs including the things I love: nature, humor, photography, funny sayings, Christian, holiday, pattern designs and more.


Rico:
How did you find Zazzle?


Meg :
I stumbled across Zazzle just randomly browsing the internet. It was love at first sight.


Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle?


Meg :
My Zazzle store opened in June 2012.


Rico:
Are you a ProSeller?
If yes, how long from the time you open a shop until you made it to ProSeller?


Meg :
Yes, I became a ProSeller in January 2013, just 7 months after I opened.


Rico:
What made you decide to open your own store?


Meg :
I enjoy being creative. In the business world, I can be creative, but there's always some limitations. Sporkful Designs lets me create anything and whatever I feel like. It allows me to express my personal interests, hobbies and life experiences.


Rico:
What makes your shop stand out from the rest?


Meg :
My designs are perfected, because I am a perfectionist. I will work on something until it looks amazing. I design items from something that inspired me, take time to tweak it until everything is absolutely perfect.


Rico:
How would you describe your design style?


Meg :
Simplistic. I don't like lots of clutter and it shows both in my designs and in my house!


Rico:
What type of product do you prefer to design?


Meg :
I make my designs with t-shirts in mind, but I often put them on electronic cases, greeting cards, posters, magnets and other products.


Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Meg :
Enjoy what you are doing and keep learning. It takes many hours, days and weeks to build a shop and add products before anyone will notice you, but you have to keep adding new products and designs. Also, it's important to keep learning. Trends are always changing, there's always something new on Zazzle and you can always keep improving your designs.


Rico:
What was your first Sale (include link)?


Meg :

A customized baby baptism creeper. 


Blue Boy Baptism Child of God Onsie Creeper Custom



Personalize this baby creeper with a child's name. This make a unique baptism gift or is perfect for a child to wear on their baptism day!



Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Meg :
My laptop, camera and Adobe programs.

Rico:
A few of my Favorite designs from Sporkful Designs :



Common Sense Superpower Pullover Sweatshirt



This funny design says "I have a superpower, bro. It's called common sense." Customize this with your own text or images by clicking the "Customize It" button.



Fancy Floral Circle Save the Date Wedding Invite

This brown, white and teal wedding "Save the Date" invitation is a great way to let your guests know they need to mark their calendar!



Jesus Paid for My Space in Heaven Shirt



This Christian design features a cross and says “Jesus paid for my space in heaven.” Customize this product with your own text or image by clicking the “Customize it” button.



Beach Hideaway Print

This photograph is of a fancy lifeguard stand. Customize this with your own images or text by clicking the "Customize it" button.



The second half of the Interview with Meg : will be posted on Wednesday March 20, 2013. So come back for more with Meg !


No comments:

Post a Comment