Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Interview with Meg of Sporkful Designs Part 2

 
Sporkful Designs

Interview with Meg of Sporkful Designs Part 2


Rico:
What is your favorite aspect about Zazzle?


Meg :
All the creative products and awesome shops. There are so many wonderful graphic designers and artists on Zazzle.


Rico:
Who or what inspires you?


Meg :
My life experiences. I never know what will be the inspiration for my next design. Maybe it's the song on the radio, the words in the book I'm reading, a joke a friend said or a news headline.


Rico:
What's the best advise you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle?


Meg :
Don't start Zazzle just thinking about sales. Yes, you can makes sales on Zazzle, but it comes with time and building a bigger product base. Focus on creating quality products and you will get noticed. It may take some time, but don't give up.


Rico:
What was the latest product you added to your wish list (include link)?


Meg :
I don't keep a wishlist, because there are too many items I would love to buy!


Rico:
Tell me 5 random things everyone should know about you?


Meg :

I am from Minnesota and enjoy ALL four seasons!

I hate lifting weights, but can run 3+ miles any day.

My two cats are the most spoiled cats in the world.

My family is awesome, except when I'm trying to beat them in a card game (we get very competitive).
Cooking and baking is fun, especially when there's fresh chocolate chip cookies!


Rico:
What do you like to do when you are not creating art?


Meg :
Relax and spend time with my family.


Rico:
Include links to 3 of your favorite designs you want me to feature. Tell me something about each design.


Meg :

I'm Utterly Awesome - One of my favorites, because growing up my mom always told me old "farm stories" from her childhood. So, I had to make a cow shirt, because she's utterly awesome!




I’m Utterly Awesome Funny Cow T-Shirt



This humorous design says “I’m Utterly Awesome” and features a cartoon cow. Customize this product with your own text or image by clicking the, “Customize it” button above.



David's Slingshot - The story of David and Goliath is so inspiring and this is one awesome Christian design.

David's Slingshot Shirts


David's Slingshot Shirts
David's Slingshot Shirts by SporkfulDesigns
Browse David T-Shirts online at Zazzle.com

This design is inspired by the biblical story of David and Goliath. The slingshot represents David’s weapon and says “His Words” and on the hand it says “Do Not Worry.” It also references the chapter in the Bible this story takes place in 1 Samuel 17. It’s simple to customize this product with your own text/images by clicking the “Customize It” button.


Blue Diamond Pattern - I really enjoy colors and patterns. This design is just fun!



Blue Diamond Pattern Custom Binder

This diamond pattern graphic makes a cute and fun background! Personalize this with your own custom text or image by clicking the “Customize It” button above.



Rico:
Zazzle has helped many people meet goals that they otherwise wouldn’t have achieved. What has Zazzle helped you to achieve in your personal life?


Meg :
Having the entire world see my designs. Some of my products have sold outside of the U.S. and it really makes me happy to know that people, even in other countries, enjoy my designs!

Rico:
Where else can our readers find you online? (Facebook, Twitter, other blog or website)


Meg :

Web Site

Facebook

Twitter @sporkfuldesigns

And yes, I'm going to start focusing on updating my Facebook and Twitter more often...I've been very busy creating lately!


No comments:

Post a Comment