Friday, August 19, 2011

Interview with Olga Hutsul / Urban Designs by Olga Hutsul Photography

Olga Hutsul  self portrait
( Olga Hutsul Self Portrait)

Rico: What's your name? 

Olga Hutsul from Ontario, Canada





Rico: What are the name(s) of your Zazzle Shops/stores? 

Olga Hutsul :

Urban Designs by Olga Hutsul Photography
My World Travels

Rico: How long have you been at Zazzle? 

Olga Hutsul : Since March 2011

Rico: Are you a ProSeller? 

Olga Hutsul : No, but when I get there I will own the world!!!

Rico: What's the best advice you got when you were starting out? 

Olga Hutsul : To plan the store well and to work on descriptions/tags. To actively promote what you have designed. Unfortunately do not have patience to follow them.

Rico: What medium/tools do you use to create your designs? 

Olga Hutsul : My own photography is at the heart of everything I do. I use Photoshop for creating my designs. Planning on mastering illustrator as well. And really want to pick up pencil and brush again.

Rico: Who or what inspires you? 

Olga Hutsul : El Greco, Giotto, Salvador Dali, completely random phrases from the Bible, boats, Umberto Eco, decay, Albrecht Durer, my sufferings at Wagner’s opera(believe me they are by far stronger than that of his characters’), Nietzsche, moon, king Solomon, Dante, total inability to enjoy Picasso, brick walls, dragonflies, Ieronim Bosh, Plain White T’s ”Delila”, fishing nets, Anne Leibowitz, King Oedipus, chocolate ice cream, Dostoyevsky, white paper, Sagrada Familia (Barcelona), Russian poetry, huge empty spaces with large windows, Geometry, monasteries, my hopeless dreams of Venice...

Rico: How much time a week to you spend on Zazzle? 

Olga Hutsul : Average 3-4 hours a day

Rico: What's the best advice you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle? 

Olga Hutsul : Keep focused, when you design something have potential buyer / target group in mind. Think about the product how and when it could be used, who might be interested. Do not waste time on creating endless products based on backyard snapshots of flowers. Put more thought in your work. There is so much of everything out there that your designs really have to stand out.

Rico: What do you like to do when you are not creating art? 

Olga Hutsul : Read and hike

Rico: Tell me 5 random things everyone should know about you? 

Olga Hutsul : There is not that many things I know about myself:
I get inspired (and carried away) easily
I love to travel – if I could I would do that for a living.
I am consumed by photography.
I dream about having enough time to do things I love.

Rico: What are 3 of your favorite designs? 
Olga Hutsul : 

Fire hydrant iphone 4 case
Fire hydrant speckcase
Fire hydrant by hutsul
Browse more iphone designs
Ladie's night invitation
Ladie's night invitation invitation
Ladie's night invitation by hutsul
Shop for an announcement on zazzle
surreal apple speckcase
Rico: Where else can our readers find you? 

Olga Hutsul :
I also have my own website: Olga Hutsul Photography
My digital art prints can be purchased from here: Olga Hutsul Digital Dreams
And here is a link to my “funny” creative biography: My creative life as examined by invisible self

No comments:

Post a Comment