Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Interview with Lisa Snyder of Dead Tree Art



Dead Tree Art  
Lisa Snyder of Dead Tree Art





Rico:
What's Your Name?


Lisa Snyder

Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Lisa Snyder :

Dead Tree Art

Dead Tree Art doesn’t really have a theme. It is just kind of a mishmash of the different kinds of artwork that I like to do. My interests change so often that I have a little difficulty sticking with one thing in particular. I might possibly have AADD or something. Why Dead Tree Art? Well, I had a really hard time coming up with something that wasn’t already taken. My husband insisted that I have my own domain, so we did a lot of research and settled on Dead Tree Art. No, you won’t find many dead trees in my store. Maybe one, but that’s about it. I do have this fascination with dead trees though. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle?


Lisa Snyder :
I have been with Zazzle since June 2011, about 8 months now, and I am love, love, loving it!  

Rico: Are you a ProSeller?

Lisa Snyder :
I am not currently a ProSeller, but hope to become one someday.

Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Lisa Snyder :
Someone told me to mingle in the forums, talk to people, and get myself out there. Someone else told me to make sure my storefront images had a res of 100 instead of using images I had on my products, so that my storefront would load faster for people.

Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Lisa Snyder :
I use whatever medium happens to float my boat at that particular moment. My designs are a combination of traditional art, photography, and graphics created in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. I also found out about this fractal flame thing, and have been playing with it. It is so cool! I haven’t posted any in my store yet, but plan on doing so very soon.

Rico:
Who or what inspires you?


Lisa Snyder :
My family and my pets are what inspire me the most. They make me laugh. What more could I ask for?

Rico:
How much time a week to you spend on Zazzle?


Lisa Snyder :
Just like the mediums I choose, the amount of time that I spend on Zazzle varies. I usually work on my store, and designs full time. That is when I am not busy being a wife and mother which is a full time job all by itself.

Rico:
What's the best advise you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle?


Lisa Snyder :
Have patience, and make sure that you enjoy what you are doing. I haven’t made a ton of sales yet, but the reason I keep doing it is because I enjoy it so much. I would still do it even if I didn’t make a single sale. I love developing my store, and my style.

Rico:
What do you like to do when you are not creating art?


Lisa Snyder :
I love spending time with my family, and playing with the cats. I love watching horror movies (the ones I haven’t seen five hundred times already), and I like to put things together. I get this weird sense of pleasure when I get the opportunity to assemble a piece of furniture. I know right?! Really my whole life revolves around my family, and art.

Rico:
Tell me 5 random things everyone should know about you?


Lisa Snyder :

I met my husband on the internet (back in the old days when they still charged per minute)!

I have a teenage daughter (and it sucks! The teenage part, not the daughter part.)

I like pickles

I drool when I sleep, I drool when I’m awake, and I have two cats, two hermit crabs, and some fish. There used to be a hamster in there, but she died, and actually they are my daughters, but she’s a teenager, so I take care of them.

Oh, I know I’m only supposed to put five, but I stink at punctuation too. In case you didn’t notice.

Rico:
List 3 of your favorite designs you want me to feature. Tell me something about each design.


Lisa Snyder :





Rocks Laptop Computer Sleeves


Rocks electronicsbag
Rocks by DeadTreeArt
Shop for other laptop computer sleeve designs.

I had originally intended this to be something else, but it didn’t work out. It was created with the gradient mesh tool in Illustrator. I think it looks really cool.





White Orchid Flower Iphone 4 Cases



This flower was shot at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens in North Carolina. I took it in raw, and then cropped it until it looked nice. I love orchids. They are really pretty flowers.





Astra Ipad Skin



This design was actually done by my 14 year old daughter. She loves anime, and she likes to draw these little cats. I thought it might be good for her to hear that other people like them too, because she doesn’t think they are any good. I thought they were adorable.

Rico:
This is one of my personal favorite designs from your shop






Art Cat Ipad Case



Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the studio! Art Cat is a black and white vector drawing with a multicolored painting and... PAW PRINTS!! Copyright © 2011-2012 Lisa Snyder “All rights reserved”    Rico: I just love this. It mad me smile and think this is something my cat would definately do.

Rico:
Where else can our readers find you online?


Lisa Snyder :

Facebook

Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment