Sunday, July 8, 2012

Interview with Yana Tselinsky of YANKA Designs


Yana Tselinsky
Yana Tselinsky


Rico:
What's Your Name?


Yana Tselinsky


Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Yana Tselinsky :

YANKA Designs

My main shop and it's only theme could be "the variety of my creative ideas".

YANKA Art

This shop is dedicated to my "serious" drawings and contains only those products that (due to their shape) don't distort original art.

A long time ago...

As its name suggests, is dedicated mostly to medieval art transformed and adapted to suit Zazzle products.



Rico:
What type of product do you sell the most of?


Yana Tselinsky :

I didn't sell many products so far so I can't really tell. Though it looks like people come for particular design rather than for particular product.



Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle?


Yana Tselinsky :
1.5 years



Rico:
How did you find Zazzle?


Yana Tselinsky :
I've seen the Zazzle panel on my friend's site and decided to try it myself.



Rico:
Are you a ProSeller?


Yana Tselinsky :
No. I'm not a Pro yet.



Rico:
What made you decide to open your own store?


Yana Tselinsky :
The discovery of Zazzle site, actually. It was only natural that I should open a store.



Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Yana Tselinsky :
I didn't get any advices - but I didn't ask for any advices too.



Rico:
What was your first sale (include link)?


Yana Tselinsky :
T-shirt with my drawing of netsuke "Shishi":



Netsuke chinese lion shishi t-shirt






Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Yana Tselinsky :
I use images of my original art and craft (e.g. hand embroidery),original photos, pattern resource books,art and history books (for inspiration) and my 2 computers.



Rico:
What is your favorite aspect about Zazzle?


Yana Tselinsky :
Zazzle site is very user-friendly, and the product creation is easy and fun.



Rico:
Who or what inspires you?


Yana Tselinsky :
Nature, chinese art, japanese art, history, ancient artifacts,mythology,ethnic crafts, world cultures,etc.,etc.



Rico:
How much time a week to you spend on Zazzle?


Yana Tselinsky :
I spend on Zazzle few hours every day (well, almost).



Rico:
What's the best advise you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle?


Yana Tselinsky :
Make BIG image files!



Rico:
What do you like to do when you are not creating art?


Yana Tselinsky :
Well, it seems that I'm always creating something: I make silver jewelry, I draw, I embroider or enjoy cooking for my husband and me.



Rico:
For most each product or design they create is special. What is your most favorite design and why (include link)?


Yana Tselinsky :

My favorite design is the one I'm working on now - and just now it is new shop category "Floral photography". Why is it special? I think, all natural things are special and unique.



Rico:
Tell me 5 random things everyone should know about you?


Yana Tselinsky :

- I believe in Universal Law and that this Law is Murphy's.

- All I need to know about life I learned from bumper stickers.

- When I die I wanna go to Hell - the company is more interesting and I have many friends there.

- I'd like to have so much money that I wouldn't need to think about it anymore.

-I believe that "the designer" it isn't a profession but a diagnosis.



Rico:
Include links to 3 of your favorite designs you want me to feature. Tell me something about each design.


Yana Tselinsky :
 


Cats Tough Iphone 3 Case



One of my drawings.




Ancient bronze chinese dragon premium trinket boxes



Beautiful chinese artifact - it was a pleasure to make it (digitally) shine again.




Rusted metal drills throw pillows



I just love it - and I think it's a test: only very special people would dare to decorate their home with such pillows.



Rico:
If you could purchase ANY item (from someone else) what would it be? Why?


Yana Tselinsky :

I can't decide yet - maybe I should see more.



Rico:
Zazzle has helped many people meet goals that they otherwise wouldn’t have achieved. What has Zazzle helped you to achieve in your personal life?


Yana Tselinsky :
Well, it feels great to create (and sell) things on Zazzle but I can't really say that it changed my life a lot.



Rico:
Where else can our readers find you online? (Facebook, Twitter, other blog or website)


Yana Tselinsky :

My website : ArtWay

My internet shops:

My Shop on ArtFire

My Shop on Dawanda


1 comment: