Monday, September 10, 2012

Interview with Lori R of TheHopefulRomantic

Lori R 
Lori R



Rico:
What's Your Name?


Lori R



Rico:
List your shop(s) -


Lori R :

TheHopefulRomantic

My main shop is called TheHopefulRomantic. Just one word. I decided to call it that because every other name I could think of was already taken. I have always been a romantic, though not your typical one. I hate romance novels. I am more into romantic designs and heart shapes. So I decided to call myself that. I am always a hopeful romantic. I chose to make it one word because there are already titles out there with the same name and I didn't want to run into any problems.
This shop is my main one and at first I posted just my gothic photos and dark art from a very dark time in my life. I found that the more I added more art styles, the more items I would sell. So It has a wide variety of art styles. Photography, my own cartoon art, my own designs, and a few items I made with elements I purchased when I was experimenting plus stock.

Lori's Dark Heart

This is my 2nd store that is devoted to hearts. Everything in there is my own work. I thought my main store was too full and decided to make a store just for my favorite symbol. This store is also more organized than my main one.



Rico:
What type of product do you sell the most of?


Lori R :
Mostly buttons, then invitations and postcards. Usually in bulk.



Rico:
How long have you been at Zazzle?


Lori R :
Since January of 2010.



Rico:
How did you find Zazzle?


Lori R :
I don't remember. I stumbled upon it somehow.



Rico:
Are you a ProSeller?
If yes, how long from the time you open a shop until you made it to ProSeller?


Lori R :
Yes and it was probably a year before I made proseller.



Rico:
What made you decide to open your own store?


Lori R :
I was already posting art at another art site and was getting no where and when I found Zazzle, I was curious and decided to give it a try.



Rico:
What's the best advise you got when you were starting out?


Lori R :
Try to stay organized from the get go. Check the forums for helpful advice. Have faith in yourself and your art. Don't be afraid to try something new, a new art style.



Rico:
What was your first sale (include link)?


Lori R :

A gothic crypt postcard.


A peek inside the crypt gothic postcard



A peek inside this crypt shows a lovely statue of Mary and some candlesticks. This black and white photo is printed on a postcard.



Rico:
What medium/tools do you use to create your designs?


Lori R :
When I had a camera, I used that. Alot of my designs require me to sketch them out first before scanning and finishing on an art program. I use my mouse to make everything that requires drawing. I use paint tool Sai mostly for that. Alot of my earlier abstract type works were from paint net. I also use a kaleidoscope program.



Rico:
What is your favorite aspect about Zazzle?


Lori R :
That I can work from home at anytime.



Rico:
Who or what inspires you?


Lori R :
My own mind mostly.



Rico:
How much time a week to you spend on Zazzle?


Lori R :
More than 40 hours a week for sure.



Rico:
What's the best advise you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle?


Lori R :
Don't expect this to be a get rich scheme. And don't take images from the net that don't belong to you and try to sell them on products.

It takes time to start earning money on a regular basis. Be patient and keep adding products. Get into the forums to learn from others and ask questions.



Rico:
What do you like to do when you are not creating art?


Lori R :
I enjoy story writing and telling.



Rico:
For most each product or design they create is special. What is your most favorite design and why (include link)?


Lori R :


Autumn romance heart buttons



Probably this heart that I sketched one day while waiting in the car for my daughter at school. It was this design that made me think of starting a store for hearts.



Rico:
Tell me 5 random things everyone should know about you?


Lori R :

Uh... this is a hard one...ok...

1. I'm a goth though a somewhat christian one

2. I survived pneumonia twice

3. I'm single

4. I'm a Halloween nut and keep my decos out all year

5. I am almost 50 but feel 15 most of the time



Rico:
Include links to 3 of your favorite designs you want me to feature. Tell me something about each design.


Lori R :

 


Gothic evil vampire fanged skulls Halloween horror Pins



This design does well for me. I made this photomanipulation of a normal skull into a fanged evil skulll a few years ago during my darkest times.




Cute zebra print punk pink, black, blue, sweet 16 custom invitation



This was where I decided to try something new and it turned out to be a success.




Fancy victorian shamrock St Patricks Day Tee Shirt



I wanted a more gothic but still nice shamrock for St. Patrick's day and this does well for me.



Rico:
If you could purchase ANY item (from someone else) what would it be? Why?


Lori R :


Owl Butterfly Triptych gothic Photo Sculpture



I love this artist's style and this is just amazing. Photosculptures are my favorite product too.



Rico:
Zazzle has helped many people meet goals that they otherwise wouldn’t have achieved. What has Zazzle helped you to achieve in your personal life?


Lori R :
It has boosted my self confidence. It has given me faith in my art. It has also helped to spoil my girls, pay bills, and buy groceries.



Rico:
Where else can our readers find you online? (Facebook, Twitter, other blog or website)


Lori R :

TheHopefulRomantic Blog This is my blog where I show pictures and talk about the items I buy from Zazzle.

Cute Stuff Blog This is my blog where I randomly talk about certain designs and show new products in my store.

Twitter

Rico:
Anything else you'd like to share?


Lori R :
This has been a fun. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. It was a lot of fun to do and really had me thinking alot. :)

    ReplyDelete