Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Interview with Margaret Chayka of Chef Catering Biz Cards Part 2



Interview with Margaret Chayka of Chef Catering Biz Cards Part 2 
 
 
Rico:
What is your favorite aspect about Zazzle?


Margaret Chayka :
Hopefully they will continue to allow designers to set their own profit margins, since that's why they finally beat out Cafepress.



Rico:
Who or what inspires you?


Margaret Chayka :
My parents were always exposing us (7 kids) to creative outlets. My father could just pick up a pencil and draw it right the first time, though his passion was building things like houses and furniture. My mother, who's in her 80s is still the crafter, though now it's mostly knitting for babies in the hospital.



Rico:
What's the best advise you can give someone just starting out on Zazzle?


Margaret Chayka :
Keep designing, keep putting up new designs and use good tags and descriptions.



Rico:
What was the latest product you added to your wish list (include link)?


Margaret Chayka :
Well, I don't technically have a wish list, but am trying to decide which bag to get. I'm leaning on this vintage circus one I designed a while ago. Can't decide if I want a matching ensemble with a sleeve and a wristlet, or if I should mix 'em up.

Vintage grunge circus and animals shoulder bag messenger bag

Awesome vintage circus medallions and other carnival or zoo images on shoulder bags, messenger bags, wristlets, laptop bags and sleeves, bag accessories and more. Clowns, horses with riders, elephants, zebra, lion, animal prints, and more on a grunge polka dot background.



Rico:
Tell me 5 random things everyone should know about you?


Margaret Chayka :

I was "Maggie" up until the late 80s, then switched to "Margaret"... just because.

When I die, I want to die eating potato salad.

I quit smoking 2 years ago. So the potato salad thing will probably be replaced by a cigarette.

I've lived in New York, Florida, and Minnesota, and want my last move to be to Wyoming..
My daughter is following one of my footsteps by opening her own Zazzle store and becoming a ProSeller.



Rico:
What do you like to do when you are not creating art?


Margaret Chayka :
I love movies, tennis (not a good player, just like to run around and try to hit the ball), my gerbils, sewing, thrift shopping and garage sales. When I move to Wyoming, I'll take up fishing, crossbow and polo (yes - polo is very popular there, but I'll be a spectator, not a participant!).



Rico:
Include links to 3 of your favorite designs you want me to feature. Tell me something about each design.


Margaret Chayka :

This bird chef is quite popular - the original has a blue background, but I made this new version so folks could change the background color. I love it's little Frenchy retro feel, perfect for groovier chefs and caterers. 


Custom color retro French bird chef baker Business Card


Popular retro French bird chef now with custom background color option! This bird is black with white line chef hat and frilly apron for chefs, cooks, and bakers, and you can change the background color to whatever you'd like in the 'customize' area.



This scribbled yarn business card is the reason why I opened a separate Knitting and Sewing store. It's one of the most popular business cards I sell - in the chef store! I decided at one point to offer up a few "non cooking" designs, and it became popular almost instantly, and once that happens you can't just move it to another store, its popularity will be lost. So it remains with the tomatoes and frying pans! 



colorful yarn balls knitting needles business c... business cards

Fun, sketchy doodled yarn balls with knitting needles business cards or large gift tags for giving your handmade best. Colorful yet subdued tones on a deep gray background, for knitters or knit crafts, crafter, or crafting.



This wristlet may be one of the accessories I get to put inside the circus bag, or whatever bag I end up with. Love movies, love retro, and love a little bit of grungy splatters, too! Also, you can change the background color of almost everything I create these days.

custom color retro TV vintage television argyle Wristlet Purses


Fun retro TV or vintage television set with antennae and paint splatters on shoulder bags, messenger bags, wristlets, laptop bags and sleeves, bag accessories and more. You can resize, rotate or move the image to get the look you want, and it also looks great with lots of different background colors, which you can change in the 'customize' section.



Rico:
Zazzle has helped many people meet goals that they otherwise wouldn’t have achieved. What has Zazzle helped you to achieve in your personal life?


Margaret Chayka :
I've always had a job-job, even when self-employed, but nowadays I can actually have a "little job" that doesn't require me to take work home! Over the next couple of years, preparing for the move to another state, I will be building up my Zazzle stores. Having an income-producing store also gives me peace of mind that my offspring will be able to take it over when I'm gone and make money off it, too.



Rico:
Where else can our readers find you online? (Facebook, Twitter, other blog or website)


Margaret Chayka :

The great thing about Zazzle is that most of my customers come from Zazzle's own marketplace, plus 1/3 of my sales are referrals from affiliates and so on. I have a website which is mostly for people who are looking for customization prices and so on. The Big M Ranch Blog

Facebook

Twitter @MargaretsTweets


No comments:

Post a Comment